License Testing - Louisville Area
License Testing (WCARS)
Amateur Radio License Testing Sessions in the Louisville area are held at two different locations. The location where the testing is being done depends upon on the month and week. See below for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective June 1, 2023: Pre-registrations will be required for all future test sessions. Please call or email the contacts listed below to let them know you are coming to the test session. It isn't fair to the VE's (volunteers) to staff a session and no applicants show up. Late walk-ins will be accepted but check before you come to save an unnecessary trip.
Bring these items:
- Testing fee ($10.00, exact change PLEASE)
- Valid Government issued photo ID or student ID
- An original copy AND photocopy (no copying facilities at the test site) of your HAM license and/or Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE)
- FCC Registration Number (FRN). See the FCC Video at https://www.fcc.gov/rofrn to learn how to obtain the FRN.
You must have these items with you! Tell your friends. Good luck.
Two testing locations are available:
Jeffersontown, KY Testing Location:
- Access is through the side door, midway on the side of the building. The lodge is a blue building across the street from the J'Town city hall, with a parking lot beside the Lodge.
- Testing is held on the Second Friday of the even-numbered months: (February, April, June, August, October, December)
- Testing begins around 5:30 PM. Registrations must be completed prior to 6:30 PM to finish testing by 7:30 PM.
- Testing is also held on the Third Sunday of odd-numbered months: (January, March, May, July, November *)
- Walk-in registration from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. After 3:00 PM by appointment.
Sellersburg, Indiana Testing Location:
American Legion, 412 N. New Albany Ave. Google Map
- 10:00am Third Saturday of even-numbered months: February, April, June, August, October and December
- Testing from 10:00am to 11:30am.